Monday, August 27, 2018

The Good Things About Today

1.  a mindful 5 minutes
2.  a networking workshop at the NC Biotechnology Center in RTP
3.  Understanding how biotechnology has helped me over the past 10 years
4.  My wonderful neighbors, Sharon and Ted
5.  Someone finally came to fix the hole in my ceiling
6.  Having leek/pototao soup for dinner, so delicious, comforting, and filling
7.  hearing from my brother this morning
8.  a really cool dream just before I woke up:  that I was up in Virginia surrounded by cousins whom I'd never met before.  We were in an elegant old English inn, type of place.  The handsome guys (college age and older) were in maroon blazers.  The girls were dressed in a elegant fashion.  I got in the middle of the circle, looked around, and told them how impressed I was to be in the midst of so many family members.  I said I was looking forward to hearing about the ways we were alike, perhaps in our "brogue" (I used that word).  That dream left me with such a good feeling.
9.  A new interest has sprung up, the biotechnology field.  It's a fast-growing, fairly new field.
10.  Planning to go to Jaki Shelton Green's Documentary Poetry class at the Center for Documentary Studies.  Grateful that I might have a chance to!  I must get there early, and take the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment