Monday, January 4, 2016

Highlights from 2015!

I'm recollecting 15 highlights from 2015:


1. On January 1st of that year, I attended my first New Year's Day Hike at the Eno River State Park, less than 2 months after a knee replacement.
2. Also in January, I went to a week long training in the woods on how to be a mentor to children in nature. Thank you Piedmont Wildlife Center!
3. In February, I got serenaded by Tony Bennet at DPAC.
4. Also in February, I became a regular at Flyleaf's open mic event..
5.  Attended my first meeting at the NC Poetry Society's meeting at Southern Pines and met distinguished poet, James Applewhite, who gave me an autographed copy of his essay.
6. Between January and April, took 3 courses through Duke's continuing education program.
7. In April, had my second knee replacement.
8. In June, started observing classes at the American Dance Festival again.
9. Participated in Jesse Zaritt's dance class, less than two months after a knee replacement.
10. Started weekly yoga sessions at the Y.
11. Spent a week at Black Mountain and Montreat and visited the site of Black Mountain College.
12. Visited Thomas Wolfe's home in Asheville, something I'd been wanting to do for about 15 years.
13. In the fall I saw my beautiful granddaughter for only the second time and she looked at me adoringly and captured my heart forever.
14. Went to the Black Mountain College exhibit with my Boston family, at the ICA.
15. I was able to see first hand what awesome parents my son and daughter in law are.


No comments:

Post a Comment