Friday, March 18, 2016

Nancy Carter

Met her in the women's locker room at the Y several months ago.  She'd been swimming and I had been doing my "jogging in the water."  We chatted for a while after getting dressed.  She's a poet.  How fortuitous!  I'm amazed that I would meet another poet in Chapel Hill, but why not!

Met her again today.  She came over to say hello while I was checking my email.  We talked about her poetry that's coming out in May ...  Sunday Dinner at the Farm (about her grandparents in Pennsylvania -- Muncy).  I love the cover of a photo of pigs taken by her husband.  I'll probably buy the book for that alone.


Finishing Line Press will be publishing it.


She's been published in Anima....I've heard of it but it's no longer around.  I just keep getting rejection slips but I'm not going to quit.  I'll need to go to Lilly Library and read poetry journals.  I did find one online, that I like a lot, One Throne.

Here's Nancy's book ----


nccarter@nc.rr.com


https://finishinglinepress.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=2575

No comments:

Post a Comment