Sunday, July 12, 2015

Jessie's Class July 11, 2015


Damn, I'm the oldest one here!
thought this was going to be a drop-in class
okay, it's drop-in but they're all dancers.
I'm next
to the barre
not at all stretched
ok - moving now
neck and shoulders
circles
sway
weight
softening
knees are strong
but left scap hurts
pivots are difficult
improvisations are easy
spirals -- I can do this!
the music makes me
want to dance
one 
two
three
four
sea shell spirals
god, they're on the floor now
sea urchins
tapping and spinning
drumbeats
3 jumps for me   no more
plie  plie
caps are warm
healed now
suddenly i hear a train
no --
it's john!
ęwwwww - owwwwwwww
this is wonderful
applause is
well deserved

lydia over there looks like judith jameson
doing a move from Revelation
stretched out
now a full back leg kick
long lines for a classic pose

it's time to go
been sweating bullets
still time for a shower before the
bill t. jones company performs

No comments:

Post a Comment