Saturday, December 1, 2018

"Getting Unglued"

from p. 128 of Jeff Brantley's book:  5 good minutes

"Spend 5 minutes working on getting unstuck from pressures.  Even if there are no simple solutions to your immediate situation, imagine that there are alternatives just around the corner if you are patient and open to receiving them...consider these questions:


  • Do I really need these things in order to be happy?

  • What small changes can I make right now that might slowly give me the space I need to find more contentment in my life?"
I'm feeling overwhelmed with clutter right now.   For example, the big chest is filled with photographs.  Many of them are framed.  I feel "antsy" just knowing they are in there.
Solution:  invest in a scrapbook album for the photographs, and donate the frames they were in.

Hummm...keeping the kitchen clean is hard....
Solution:   Make sure the kitchen is clean before I go to bed.  Clean as I go along.  Keep kitchen counters clean and invest in new sponges.


No comments:

Post a Comment