Friday, October 28, 2016

A Mindful Moment

I've been working at a busy for children in pre-school to grade 5.  With a steady stream of people coming in, the ringing phone, schedules to study, and procedures to remember, I realized that I need to come back to mindfulness.  Mindfulness is taught at this school, which I find amazing...I'm been aware that meditation and mindfulness have been taught in schools for a while, but this is the first time I've worked in a school that practices it.  Kersten, an administrator at the school, teaches it.

Here are some helpful videos that I've located on the subject:  http://mrsmindfulness.com/9-mindfulness-videos/

I'm grateful that I still have cd's by Mary and Jeff Brantley of Duke to help me along the path.  Also, the R-A-I-N process:  recognize, accept, investigate, non-judging

No comments:

Post a Comment