Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Traumatized Cat

   I'm moving to Durham in a week, I found a new home for my cat, and torrential rains are coming down.  I miss her, the way she sat on the window sill and watched the bluebirds, the way she nuzzled me, comforted me when I was afraid, scrapped her food out of her bowl one by one with her paw, knocked my hand, causing me to spill the water, when I put down her water dish.  Her sweet meows, her huge green eyes, soft fur, soft paws, playfulness...A gorgeous animal, a calico.

   She's hissing at her new owner, refusing to come out from hiding behind the curtain.  Hearing this was like getting news of my five year old mis-behaving at school.  How out of character.  Something is bothering her.  Like maybe feeling abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment