2013 is drawing to a close and YIKES! Another year is gone. I'm reflecting on 10 important things that happened to me this year.
1. I put my house up for sale in the spring. I'm learning about patience, since the market is slow here. Someone was shown the house today...
2. I attended my first writers' conference with a one and a half day intensive poetry workshop. I wrote 2 poems I'm really proud of as a result.
3. I started volunteering. I was assigned to the Breast Care unit at Nash Hospital.
4. I found out I don't have to have a man in my life. I made a bad choice last year and ended a friendship.
5. I became certified as an Arthritis Foundation exercise instructor and work part time in that capacity.
6. I cleared out old clothes and books that I no longer need.
7. I became an advocate for the Arthritis Foundation.
8. I started a children's book and sent it to a publisher.
9. I visited the Small Library at the University of Virginia to see the Stone Collection.
10. I joined a new church, the Durham Presbyterian Church.