Monday, March 4, 2019

Using My Positivity Portfolio to Overcome a Slump (week 2 assignment)

I;m in a bit of a slump because I'm not feeling well. Also really tired and things like bills and chores have piled up... Had a sinus infection, was on antibiotics, now i have a cough.  Also ate too much sugar last night -- in the yogurt ----- I need to avoid sugar as it brings me down.

A couple of things about my Positivity Portfolio brought me back up.

1.  Family Archives:  I have a fascinating family history...dad in WWI...i'm thinking about his photo in his "jodhpurs"  leaning against his plane, a Curtiss Jenny.  Hand on his hip like i like to stand...and he's cute.  Just 19, had dropped out of U.Va.  I wrote a poem about that photo.

I'm proud of my dad being in WWI.  Not many people can say that.  He was 20 years older than my mom when i was born.  I'll be 70 in June...so that's how it's possible...
  
2.  My relative Dee, age 94 and still kickin'.   I spoke w her on the phone for an hr. last week.  Love her to pieces.  She is inspiring.

3.  "20 breaths meditation."  Calms me down.

4.  30 min. Loving Kindness Meditation.

5.  Poem i wrote:  General Relativity and this photo to go with it:


====================================================================

Positivity for today:
1.  Escaping to my favorite restaurant for lunch 
2.  Loving Kindness meditation  for 30 min
3.  Fantasia -- who waited on me and even brought my lunch to me
4.  Samantha at the office  --  game me empathy and sympathy
5.  Kathy T.  understanding
6.   sending kindness to myself
7.  20 breaths
8.  teacher:  Gary Purcell -- kindness to me when i got to UT with my son
9.  neutral person:  woman on her way to B & N like me -- we smiled at each other.
10.  difficult person:  Delores Porter, ex-boss.  She was always criticizing and critiquing
11.  i fully let go of her.
12   send loving kindness to all beings.
13.  let go of all beings
14.  eyes open, gently moving my body
15.  praying to be free of anger.






No comments:

Post a Comment