Sunday, October 14, 2018

Dropping the Past

    "Past memories cling to us like old scars that never fade.  The more we think about them, the more they feed our pain and failure.  To help get past painful memories, try this simple exercise.

1.  Make a mental list of your top two worst memories...for example, a divorce, or a bad relationship.
2.  Think about how you felt about each bad experience.
3.  Put a positive spin on each lesson you learned.
4.  Memorize the following affirmation to help you stay in a positive frame:  'I got through it, and I am stronger for it.'


     When you can find the inner strength that helped you through past difficult situations, you can quickly drop self-defeating thoughts, and move forward with peace and grace."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My two worst memories:  my divorce, bad bosses.

My divorce rocked my world, but good friends and faith in God pulled me through.  I realized how strong and loving I am, as well as why the marriage HAD to end.

I have had a few "bosses from hell."  People who were bullies, alcoholics, sociopaths, or downright mean.   But those cretans are no longer in my life, I've moved on, and live in the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment