Monday, April 16, 2018

"Five Good Minutes"

April 16, 2018

Choose an everyday ordinary activity for an opportunity for deeper introspection.  Clear your mind of  thoughts and worries.  Be mindful of breathing and of movements.  Be mindful of the natural rhythm of your body.

Emptying the cat litter:  breathed slowly and quietly and tried not to make a sound...swept the area and washed her mat.  Done in 5 minutes without complaining.

April 17, 2017

"Finding the extraordinary in the ordinary."  
The awesome sliver of the new moon last night.  I noticed it as I was leaving Raleigh.
Finding meaning in signs:  The words "Welcome Back" as I drove into Raleigh last night.
The word "Amen" on the sign on the back of a truck.
Green shoots on the crepe myrtle trees outside that were bare last week.

April 18, 2018

"I come first."
I'm putting "coulda, shoulda, woulda" out of my mind and I'm not trying to please anyone but myself tonight.

April 26, 2018

"Just Breathe."
Take 5 deep slow breaths to center myself.

May 9, 2018
"The joy of mindfulness"
Spent a relaxing half hour listening to Jeff Brantley's CD on "mindful breathing."  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment