Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Fast Forward to the Past

     I hadn't thought of Huey Lewis and the News in years and years.  But the memory of one of his tunes just haunted me and try as I might I couldn't locate it on Pandora or YouTube.  Fortunately
a friend found it and I thought back to those happy days in 1984 when I was a stay-at-home single mom in Sitka, Alaska.   I had the cd (or was it a cassette tape??) of their "Sports" album, a minor sensation at the time.

     So I've spent some fun time today listening to and watching the News on YouTube, especially enjoying the tune "If this is it."  Great song, and so reminiscent of the swingin' 80's.  Such an innocent time, mullet hair styles and all.

     I haven't realized that Huey and I are about the same age.  I do remember how KEY-UTE he was with his buff bod, cleffed chin and chisled features.  I must find out if he still tours and what he's up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment