Sunday, November 22, 2015

Kings Singers

     I first discovered this group in the 70's and when I spent 9 months in Europe in 1977, picked up their LP, the one with Billy Boy.  That was a wonderful LP enjoyed for a long time, until I switched over the cd's.  Well, the Kings Singers came to Baldwin Auditorium at Duke last night.  And what a show!  I thought about the LP I used to have and wondered whatever became of it.  I think I left all  of my LP's in Blacksburg with an old boyfriend.  Man, he got  the motherland!  James Taylor, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, and those two special ones from England.

It was magical seeing the Kings Singers last night for the first time.  They all came out and signed cd's and programs for the audience.  There were two sisters from Rock Hill who have seen them about 50 times.  They call themselves their "groupies."

I got all six to sign my shirt and they were happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment