Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dear Sweetheart

I really like Derek Mahon's poem on how everything's going to be all right.  Reminds me how Bob Marley use to sing "don' you worry about a thing, cuz every little thing's gonna be all right."

I might let my baby grand daughter be my sweetheart even tho she is only three months old..."awww, grandma, you are the sweetest grandma ever, and I just luvvvv you. Love your grey hair and brown eyes, and that place on your chest where I can rest my head for as long as I want."

...this is going to be a soft week.  Soft soft soft.  I will think of the Mary Oliver poem she wrote about her sleeping dog and daydream about getting an Italian greyhound.  I will think about what Miro said:  "I don't dream at night; I dream when I'm awake."
I will read about Walt Whitman and his body electric, and Longfellow and his chestnut tree, and again, the Wild Geese by Mary Oliver.

i shall plan to be in class next Tues.  I so look forward to this time of softness, warmth, and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment